Go to content

Main menu:

Inver House

Whisky Concerns

Inver House
Ontstaan door een management - buy - out, onder leiding van Bill Robertson en Angus Graham, die £ 8,2 miljoen investeerden.
November 2001 werd Inver House voor £ 56 miljoen gekocht door Pacific Spirits, onderdeel van de op de Virgin Islands gevestigde Great Oriole Group van de Thaise zakenman Charoen Sirivadhanabakdi.
Manager van Pacific Spirits is Ooi Boon Aun.
Robertson en Graham ontvangen samen £ 37 miljoen en ook de 130 medewerkers ontvangen geld, sommigen £ 50.000.
Inbegrepen in de koop zijn de vijf distilleerderijen Knockdhu, Speyburn, (Old) Pulteney Balblair en Balmenach.
Master Distiller November 2005 Malcolm Waring

Overige blends van Inver House zijn: Inver House Green Plaid, Inver House Red Plaid, Pinwinnie, MacArthur's, alsmede de vatted malt Blairmhor en de whiskylikeur Heather Cream.
In 1995 koopt Inver House zowel (Old) Pulteney als Balblair van Allied Domecq. December 1996 wordt Balmenach overgenomen van United Distillers Ltd.
Tot het voorjaar 1993 werd de single malt whisky onder de naam The Knockdhu uitgebracht, daarna wordt de naam An Cnoc gebruikt om verwarring met The Knockando te voorkomen.
De distilleerderij, die werd ontworpen door de architecten Gordon & Macbey te Elgin is gebouwd van grijs graniet, gedolven in de omgeving.
De licentiehouder is tegenwoordig James Catto & Co, Ltd.
Eén Mash tun is 4.2 ton groot, de Wash still is 10350 liter, de Spirit still 9500 liter.
Knockdhu (An Cnoc) kan 900.000 liter spirit per jaar produceren met zijn door stoom verhitte ketels, opgewekt door een met olie gestookte boiler.
De distilleerderij kat heet Whisky (1999).
Some Dates in the Knockdhu Diary
1893   Discovery of several springs of the purest,
   crystal clear water
1984   The Distillery construction was completed and
  production started in October, output 2500
   gallons     of spirit per week
1898   Increased demand required additional
   warehouses to be built
1940   The Distillery was connected to the National Grid
1960   A sad day, as the Distillery horse and cart are
   replaced by a tractor
1966   Hitherto fired by hand, the furnaces of the two
   pot stills were converted to mechanical stoking
   

AN  CNOC    also see the Knockdhu      (1893 - 1931) (1933 - March 1983)(6th Febr 1989 -
                     

History:  


1893        Distillers Company Limited (D.C.L.) starts construction of the distillery which is
               Knockdhu. The architects are Gordon & Macbey from Elgin

1894        Production starts in October

1924        Management of the distillery is transferred to Distillers Agency  

1930        Scottish Malt Distillers (S.M.D.) takes over production

1931        The distillery closes  

1933        The distillery opens again

1983        The distillery closes in March

1988        Inver House buys the distillery from United Distillers

1989        Production restarts on 6th February

1990        First official bottling of Knockdhu

1993        First official bottling An Cnoc the new name to avoid confusion with Knockando

2001        Pacific Spirits (Great Oriole Group) purchases Inver House Distillers at a price of
               $ 85.000.000

2003        Reintroduction of An Cnoc 12 years old   with a new contemporary packaging
 
2004        A 14 years old from 1990 is launched

2005        Two limited editions a 30 years old from 1975 and a 14 year old from 1991 are
               launched

2006        Inver House changes owners when International Beverage Holdings acquires
         Pacific Spirits U.K.

2007       An Cnoc 1993 is released

2008       An Cnoc 16 years old is released

INVER  HOUSE,  het eigendom van Pacific Spirits, onderdeel van de Great Oriole Group
                               van de Thaise zakenman Charoen Sirivadhanabakdi


Capacity:

Balblair                            1.330.000 litres
Balmenach                       2.000.000 litres
Knockdhu                        1.500.000 litres
(Old) Pulteney                 3.000.000 litres
Speyburn                         2.000.000 litres

INVER  HOUSE  DISTILLERS  LTD

In 1988 Inver House Distillers Ltd was acquired at a                                                                                                                                             management buy out by its directors from Publicker
Industries Inc.
Publicker Industries Inc bought in Airdrie near Glasgow
an old paper mill, Garnheath and built here  in 1964 /                                                                                                                                                                           1965 a huge complex with the name Moffat with a
grain- and two malt distilleries Glen Flagler and Killyloch
and 23 warehouses                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Inver House bought Bladnoch in 1973 and sold it in 1983
to Arthur Bell & Sons and in 1985 bought the Loch Lo -
mond distillery from Barton.
Inver House acquires the brands Hankey Bannister
and Catto and also aquires the distilleries Knockdhu,
Speyburn, Balblair, (Old) Pulteney and Balmenach
In 2001 Inver House Distillers Ltd was bought by Great
Oracle Group on Virgin Islands from the Thai entrepre-
neur Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.

Thursday 01 October 2015

Scotch whisky business Inver House Distillers, behind brands including Old Pulteney and Speyburn, saw pre-tax profits jump by 23.5 per cent last year despite challenging trading conditions in a number of markets, writes Perry Gourley.
Overall sales rose by 2.8 per cent to £79.2 million but growth in its key brands was at 11 per cent with particular success in markets including the UK, US, Germany, Poland and a number of African countries.
Profits increased to £11.8m and total capital expenditure more than doubled to £10.2m from £4.7m as Inver House Distillers' managing director Graham Stevenson, pictured, said it continued to invest for the future.
"The year has also strengthened our determination to build our brands, with strategic investments being made to meet the numerous and diverse challenges and uncertainties that the industry undoubtedly faces globally. There are challenging times to come but we remain confident about our strategy and the opportunities for our brands and our industry."

Company History


Inver House Distillers was established in 1964 as a subsidiary of the American company, Publicker Industries. In the 1970's the Scotch Whisky industry faced competition from other spirit categoreis and coupled with the death of its American Chairman, Publicker Industries did not focus its business interests in its Scottish subsidiaries. As a result of this, the malt and grain distilleries at the Scottish site in Airdrie became surplus to requirements and were closed in 1985 and 1986.

The substantial warehousing, blending and office facilities all remained, and do so to this day, as do the state of the art Gin, Vodka and Cream Production Facilities.

However, following the takeover by the management team in 1988, and the revival of the Scotch Whisky industry, Inver House Distillers purchased 5 highly regarded malt distilleries over a period of 9 years. Since then Inver House has gone from strength to strength in its commitment to a worldwide market. This continued commitment was recognised in 1992 with the granting of the Queen's Award for Export Achievement.

In October 2001, Inver House entered a new chapter when it was purchased by Pacific Spirit (U.K.) Ltd, now International Beverage Holdings Limited (InterBev) - the international arm of Asia's leading drinks business, the Thai Beverage Public Company Limited (ThaiBev) with an outstanding portfolio of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wine and beer categories.

Being part of a larger group ensures the company's continued success in an increasingly competitive market place.
Back to content | Back to main menu